Unwrapping Tie Dye is My Christmas

Posted by joyousjess , Wednesday, June 9, 2010 10:30 PM


A couple nights ago I stayed up super late making tie dyes.. here are the results! (well, most of them) :) The picture up top is of the clothes going through the rinse cycle in the washing machine! I like the way the water looks with all of the colors :)


Here is a stack of tshirts I made :) I don't have pictures of the blue and green ones, but they are just spirals so I'm sure you get the idea.


This was a tshirt that my friend Staci requested. I love the procion mx yellow MUCH better that that dylon yellow. I can't believe how bold it is! This makes me want a mainly yellow tie dye now :D


This LOVELY dress is one that my step mom bought white at Burke's. I love how it turned out! I like that the ribbon didn't dye, it adds a super cute touch :)


And this one was for my grandma. She literally screamed my name when she saw it :) I'm really happy she likes it because she requested no neon colors so I had to choose carefully! :P


I really like the look of the sequins over the colors!!



This still turned out cool, but it wasn't according to plan! First of all, it was a dress. But it shrunk so now it's just a really long top! Also, the green was supposed to be blue but the yellow ate it.

I used whatever colors I had left over from dying everything else on this skirt. I never would have planned these colors together but man was I happy when I saw the final product!
The only pictures I didn't get from the other night were of two baby onsies I made (I forgot!), and of a couple things that were gifts.. so those will just have to wait ;)
But I have a shirt I haven't shown you yet!
I have actually had this one for a while, but I figured I would put it on here too! I call it my "God is love" tie dye :) It was kind of difficult to make but it's one of my favorite tshirts now!


BUT- of all of my personal tie dyes I still love this one the most :) I just can't believe how awesome the colors turned out, plus I can't help but LOVE LOVE LOVE a cute dress and flip flops :D Unless I make something freakishly sweet before then, I think this is my fourth o' July dress! Man, I am going to be depressed when winter rolls around.

2 Response to "Unwrapping Tie Dye is My Christmas"

Veronica Says:

Meghan's stuff is INCREDIBLE!! The colors are so bright and beautiful. The pictures are great but they just don't do justice to the real thing!! It amazes me how you can do so much with tie dye.

Huda.XD Says:

Wow. I'm new at doing tie dye and your blog has been helpful :) I'll share a link of your blog on mine. Cheers!

Post a Comment