You Are The Drum Roll to My Finale

Posted by joyousjess , Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:49 PM

I have already posted these, but I thought it would be cute to add a picture of the dresses in action!!


This is my newest favorite! I don't really have any tie dye with this style, so I decided rather that going for a pattern made with the colors of dye, I'd go for a pattern made from the resist of dye with the rubber bands! The white stripes on the dress were made by the rubber bands, which kept the dye from touching the fabric. I went for more of a blotchy effect with the purple at the bottom as a drum roll for my finale, which ended with a splash of red at my toes :) I like these colors together. It's kind of my red hat lady dress, haha. I bought the dress white at Factory Connection for $15. It is American Eagle so it was definitally a steal! Though it looks super cute, do not be fooled! It is also super comfortable!! It feels like I am wearing a tshirt that reaches my ankles :)


My aunt bought this dress white for my cousin Bree. I absolutely love how the colors turned out! It looks super cute on her too, I am sure I will get a picture up soon :)



These are several baby onsies I have made from orders and also as gifts :) I LOVE THEM!


My youngest brother rockin' his birthday tie dye!

I have more to post: Father's Day gifts, birthday gifts for my sister.. I'm sure I am forgetting more than just that.. So, keep in touch! :)

1 Response to "You Are The Drum Roll to My Finale"

Tie-Dye Todd Says:

JoyousJess:

I discovered your blog through a post you made on "The Tie Dye Forum" at pburch.net. At first, I was only going to give it a quick glance, but your enthusiasm was irresistable, and I ended up reading nearly every post.

Your giddy delight at unveiling your creations matches my own, which is somewhat surprising given that I am not a 19-year-old girl but rather an older man (old enough to have experienced the original tie-dye phenomenon as a child in the 60's) who has just recently rediscovered the joy of tie-dyeing.

In particular, I empathize with your statement that unwrapping your tie-dye is "your Christmas".

I've been at it for about a month now (I'd classify myself as "mildly addicted") and, like you, recently ordered Procion dye from The Dharma Trading Company. I tied and dyed a pretty big batch and was both surprised and delighted with the results.

Being meticulous apparently really paid off. I followed instructions, using the proper amounts of dye, urea, soda ash, and even alginate (as a thickener), then "cured" everything in my gas oven, which has a pilot light, for almost 2 days. The colors were so vibrant, even after washing/drying, that the results strike me as almost professional. Further, the black, which I expected to wash to some tone of gray, came out deep and inky.

See? You're not the only one who can gush.

Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your blog, and understand why you're joyous, Jess.

Tie-Dye Todd

Post a Comment