Bye Bye Dye

Posted by joyousjess , Sunday, May 2, 2010 9:14 PM

The dye that I love to use for tie dying is Dylon's collection of hand dyes. The colors are very bright (although not as bright as Procion dyes) and they are easy to use. Plus, they were conveniently in stock at our local walmart.. were. They aren't even on Joann.com anymore. Which, has led me to assume the worst. I am pretty sure they've been discontinued :( So now I am going to have to order the GOOD stuff :P It's more expensive but it is alot brighter and bolder, so I guess it's for the better :) (The picture above is of several tees and tanks I have made!)

Here are several tshirts that I made for my family when we went camping.. it's pretty much a family tradition now. The year before I also made everyone tie dye tees, and I am sure we'll be doing it again this summer! :) I still have some tshirts and some tank tops for sale on my etsy. The tshirts are only $5!

I really wish the weather would hurry up and get warm here. I keep thinking it's summer but its only spring. It wont even stay warm enough for more than a day or two at a time. I went out and bought all kinds of summer clothes a few months ago all because it was warm one day! :P But hey, atleast I am stocked up now for whenever it decides to get a little sunny. This summer is going to be great. I cannot wait until the 4th of July. I love how almost everyone in town, even people who have gone off to college, come up to the Rec Park every year for fireworks. My birthday is the 5th of July but I usually pretend like I have two birthdays and the 4th is really a party for me!! :P It's nice to see everyone again, and the fireworks are always beautiful. Last year I wore a tie dyed tank top that had really pretty embroidery on the back, which made the colors look fantastic!


I'm not sure what I'll wear this year but I can guarantee it will be tie dye!

1 Response to "Bye Bye Dye"

Veronica Says:

BEAUTIFUL....the blog, the tie dye and YOU!!!

Post a Comment