The Views of the Kaleidoscope

Posted by joyousjess , Monday, May 3, 2010 8:46 PM

As a tie dyer I started out with the basics. You know.. wingin' it. But the more I tie dyed, the more I learned and the better I got. There are now several different patterns that I know how to do. Some are easy, some are not. But they always look wonderful! These are all pictures of tie dyes I have made :) Enjoy!

This is just a simple "Stripes" pattern. It's extremely easy to fold and dye, it can just get a little messy if you don't have much room to work with!

This is the "Bullseye" pattern. It's almost too easy. Just about every tie dyer (including me) starts out doing this one.

This one took me a little while to figure out. I call it a "Brushstroke" pattern. It was pretty easy once I finally figured out how to fold it, and it opened doors to several other patterns that I then realized how to do.


Obviously, this is a "Heart" pattern. A very easy shape to fold and dye.

The "Cross." A little harder to fold than the others, but with a nice border it can be very bold.


I actually made this one for my sister using the "Spiral" and the "Bullseye" patterns. I call it the "Lava Lamp."

No doubt you have heard of the infamous "Spiral." It is very easy, and probably my favorite. It never fails to turn out perfectly and jazz up any outfit.

When you "Scrunch" up the fabric to dye it, it gives that nice striped effect between colors.

I guess you'd call this one the "Carnival" pattern. Atleast that's what I've always heard it called. It is really just a "Spiral" with a black overlay.

The "V." This one is fairly easy and almost always turns out right.

Another variation of the "Stripes," only this one is vertical and the colors symmetrical.

On occasion, I am able to pull of a letter or two! This was a Tennessee Tech University shirt that I made for a friend :)

Lastly, the "Guitar." It is probably the hardest one to do. It's a 50/50 shot that it turns out right but when it does it's rockin' :)

1 Response to "The Views of the Kaleidoscope"

Veronica Says:

You are so talented. They are ALL awesome!!!

Post a Comment