Earthy Spiral Dress

Posted by joyousjess , Monday, May 24, 2010 3:54 PM

I am never EVER using any other kind of dye again.. Procion MX is officially my one and only pick! Why, you ask? Frankly because Dylon sucks compared to it!! I am glad it went out of stock or I never would have ordered this stuff. I am so impressed with this dye, just look at the results of my dress! Dylon didn't look this bold and bright even when the clothing was still wet! I am in love.


Here it is when it was just white. I bought it at Walmart for $14. It's a super nicely made dress by Faded Glory so I am thrilled with the value. But man is it boring white ;) It gave me the tie dye itch!

I am in love with the spiral pattern. It always looks super cool and it's the easiest pattern to control, so it's my favorite when I want things to go smoothly.

I made this dress yesterday and I just finished washing and drying it. I was supposed to use twice as much dye for brown (certain colors you have to use more) but I forgot and it looks perfect! So I am glad to know I don't have to waste twice as much dye when I use brown :) Orange is so bright, I love it. And the purple and blue look really nice when they fade into the little white streaks. I don't really have any darker or earthy toned tie dye so I wanted a dress in these colors :) I am super happy with it!

1 Response to "Earthy Spiral Dress"

Veronica Says:

Your dress is beautiful and you are right - It looks even better in person!!

Post a Comment